#osheaga terms and conditions
Release and Declaration of Compliance and Waiver of Claims
vitaminwater “Meet the Band at Osheaga” CONTEST
Before being declared the Winner of this prize package, this Release and Declaration of Compliance and Waiver of Claims must be duly executed and received by Coca-Cola Ltd. If the Winner has not reached the age of majority at the time the Prize is awarded in the Province in which the Winner resides, the Winner’s parent, guardian or legal representative must also complete and sign this Declaration.
Please review, complete, sign and return this Release and Declaration of Compliance and Waiver of Claims Form (“Declaration”) within one hour of time that notice was sent to you. If a completed Declaration is not received within this timeframe you will not be eligible to claim your prize,will be deemed to have forfeited any right or entitlement to a prize,and another winner may be selected.
The personal information collected on this form will be used for the purpose of administering the contest.
I do hereby state and declare that I,
NAME: AGE: BIRTHDATE:___________
CITY: PROVINCE: POSTAL CODE:
TELEPHONE NO.: (_____)_____________EMAIL ADDRESS:_________________________
(the “Potential Winner”) understand that I have been selected as a Potential Winner of the vitaminwater “Meet the Band at Osheaga” CONTEST (the “Contest”) Meet the Band Prize (the “Prize”) described as follows:
Consists of: A meet and greet with a band (yet to be determined) performing at Osheaga during the last day of the Osheaga Festival (August 5, 2012); a tour of the Osheaga backstage area including a meal for 2 in the Artist World; and, the ability to view a portion of a performance at Osheaga, determined by Sponsor, from a side-stage viewing area or the media pit.
I understand that the prize must be accepted as awarded, that the prize is not transferable and that the prize has no cash surrender value.
I am submitting this declaration with the understanding that it will be relied upon to determine my eligibility to receive the Prize for which my entry has been submitted in the Contest.
In consideration of being selected as a Potential Winner in the Contest, and in consideration of my receipt of or participation in any portion of the Prize, I hereby declare, confirm and agree as follows:
1. I have received, read, understood, complied with and will abide by all of the official rules and regulations relating to this Contest, a copy of which are attached here to (the “Rules”);
2. I understand that my receipt of or participation in the Prize is subject to the Rules;
3. I have perpetrated no fraud or deception in entering the Contest or in claiming any prize that may be awarded to me and I have correctly answered the skill-testing question in the manner prescribed. I understand that if I fail to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question as directed, or fail to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance and Release form within the required time periods, or declines to accept a prize in its entirety, I forfeit the Prize.
4. I understand that Coca-Cola Ltd. (the “Sponsor”, as defined in the Rules), has the right, in its absolute discretion, to substitute the Prize with one of equal or greater value if the Prize, or a component thereof, should be come unavailable for any reason;
5. I understand that neither the Sponsor nor its parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, assigns, etc., nor any entity connected with this Contest will be responsible for any costs (including, without limitation, any federal, provincial or local taxes) I may incur in connection with this Contest or any prize I may be awarded. I acknowledge that I am financially responsible for all costs and expenses, including taxes and fees, not specifically identified as part of the Prize.
6. I confirm that I am an individual resident of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) and I am/am not (delete and initial as required) over the age of majority in the province which I reside. If not, my parent, guardian or legal representative has signed the page attached;
7. I represent that neither I nor any person with whom I am domiciled is a(n) (i) employee, officer, director, representative or agent of Coca-Cola Ltd., Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company, authorized bottlers or distributors of Coca-Cola® products, their respective advertising and promotion agencies, or any of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, etc., any other entity connected with this promotion; (ii) employees of any reuse or recycling depot; (iii) that neither I nor any immediate family member or any person living in my household is connected with any of the above.
8. I hereby grant to the Sponsor the absolute right and permission to use my picture, name and/or address likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information for promotional purposes in any and all forms of media in conjunction with this and similar promotions, or to refrain from doing so, in any manner or media whatsoever, worldwide, without notice to me and without further compensation. I shall have no right of approval, no claim to any compensation, and no claim arising out of the use, alteration, distortion or illusionary effect or use in any composite form of my name, address, photograph or likeness.
10. I fully release, indemnify and forever discharge Coca-Cola Ltd., Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company, and their licensors and distributors of Coca-Cola products, and their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, partnerships and principals and their respective owners, representatives, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Released Parties”) from, and waive as against the Released Parties, all recourses, loss or damages including any consequential loss or damages, actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, accounts, bonds, covenants, contracts, claims and demands whatsoever including without limitation, any claim based on the loss of ability to earn income, claims for injury, death, illness, delay or cancellation (“Claims”), which I, my heirs, executors, administrators or personal representatives now have or hereafter can, shall or may for or by reason of or in any way howsoever arising out the Contest and my receipt the Prize awarded pursuant to the Contest including, without limitation, any Claims arising out of the subsequent use of or participation in the Prize, whether such use or participation is by me or by anyone else acting with or without my knowledge and/or consent. I voluntarily accept that legal risk, thereby expressly giving up any right of action, and accept the physical risk arising from my participation in the Prize and waive all liability whether such liability arises in contract, by reason of negligence, or by reason of breach of duty raised by statute, or in any other manner whatsoever;
11. I understand that I will be disqualified from receiving and agree to return immediately upon demand to Sponsor any prize or the value of such prize which may be awarded to me if any statement made by me in this declaration is false.
12. It is understood and agreed that this is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights of the undersigned against the Released Parties (as defined in the Official Contest Rules) and that no action will be taken by or on behalf of the undersigned with respect to any such rights, it being understood that this release shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, and administrators of the undersigned.
13. I have read the contents of this Declaration prior to its execution, and I fully understand and agree to all of its provisions. I will maintain a copy of this document for my records;
I represent and warrant that I have the legal authority to give and sign this Declaration.
Potential Winner Signature _______________________ Date______________________
(Print Witness Name) (Witness Signature)